Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ugly couches abound!


I am in the market for a new couch.  Not just any couch, but The Couch.  The Couch is big and comfy, but most importantly it is cheap.  While perusing craigslist, I have come across a few possibilities, but no clear winners.  However, I have discovered some that I would like to nominate for the Ugly Couch Award. 

Couches like this were completely expected:



Ugly, yes, but not completely appalling.  I was even ready for ugly floral patterns like this:



These next few couches, however, were unexpectedly awful.  And that's saying a lot for someone who lived in a dorm all four years of college.

This first couch looks like it should be in the living room of some crazy old lady with fifty cats.  The truly horrific thing is that someone is asking for $50 to take it off his or her hands.  Talk about insanity.



This excellent specimen is going for $100.  I have no idea what to say about this monstrosity except that whomever went through a bad modern art phase probably got seriously ripped off while some savvy designer laughed all the way to the bank.



This couch just screamed…something. I'm not really sure how to even describe this gargantuan terror.  Not only is the color awful, but there is that weird pattern on it and it looks all lumpy.  Maybe you could find this in an old run-down retirement home?  I dunno.




I’m now debating whether or not I should be looking for a couch or if I should simply look through the furniture for incredibly ugly pieces so that I can share them with all of you.  Does anyone else want to start an ugly furniture contest on here? Thoughts?

Edit: I have discovered my new favorite couch.  Not only is it plaid, but it has the absolute best ad ever (see below):

"You know you want this Fancy Couch, look at how beautiful it is! It's strong back and shapely curves, you know what you want to do with that. Curl up with a nice Harry Potter audiobook and some hot cocoa, Boom! That's what makes this couch Fancy. And you can experience that fanciness for $25! 

This couch is modular too! With the super fancy piece of wood in-between the cushions and the springs to give you a customized feel! You can remove it for a serious night of lounge gaming, or leave it in for some comfortable spooning action with that special someone (purely speculation only!). That makes this couch a transformer, a Fancy Transformer Couch! two couches in one...seriously more than meets the eye!"

No comments:

Post a Comment